The Resource For Musicals



Mary Poppins Forum


Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Why was this Forum added.. 
Author Message
Fresh Face
Fresh Face
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:44 am
Posts: 10
Location: England
Post 
I know what it means, :) But thanks anyway. I was asking, why WTF?

_________________
You take away the old. Show me the new. And I feel like I can fly when I stand next to you. <3

Oliver Production in July.


Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:28 pm
Profile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 1420
Post Re: Why was this Forum added..
Salome wrote:
..and not one for Ave Q or Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?? the two above mentioned hsaows are surefire hits and artistic successes. yet we have a forum for a slaugterd version of the disney film, plus forums for less than great shows like Wicked.



Just because that is your opinion dosen't mean it's everybody elses.

_________________
Image
Banner made by the wonderful SuperKabob!


Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:00 pm
Profile
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:09 am
Posts: 2924
Post Re: Why was this Forum added..
pish123c wrote:
Salome wrote:
..and not one for Ave Q or Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?? the two above mentioned hsaows are surefire hits and artistic successes. yet we have a forum for a slaugterd version of the disney film, plus forums for less than great shows like Wicked.



Just because that is your opinion dosen't mean it's everybody elses.


I agree.

Salome, you do tend to say things in your opinion that something is bad, and post that sort of post all the time.

_________________
Image


Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:05 am
Profile
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:46 pm
Posts: 2868
Location: Brigadoon
Post Re: Why was this Forum added..
wicked_boy wrote:
pish123c wrote:
Salome wrote:
..and not one for Ave Q or Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?? the two above mentioned hsaows are surefire hits and artistic successes. yet we have a forum for a slaugterd version of the disney film, plus forums for less than great shows like Wicked.



Just because that is your opinion dosen't mean it's everybody elses.


I agree.

Salome, you do tend to say things in your opinion that something is bad, and post that sort of post all the time.

How is that different from anyone stating their opinion anywhere. I mean...give me a break. We all know that we aren't going to agree with each other. If we were to say, "in my opinion" before every opinion we had...that phrase would dominate the boards. Use some common sense guys. We all do it...you're pointing at someone...but there are three fingers pointing back at you.

_________________
Image


Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:08 am
Profile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 1420
Post Re: Why was this Forum added..
Sweeney Hyde wrote:
wicked_boy wrote:
pish123c wrote:
Salome wrote:
..and not one for Ave Q or Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?? the two above mentioned hsaows are surefire hits and artistic successes. yet we have a forum for a slaugterd version of the disney film, plus forums for less than great shows like Wicked.



Just because that is your opinion dosen't mean it's everybody elses.


I agree.

Salome, you do tend to say things in your opinion that something is bad, and post that sort of post all the time.

How is that different from anyone stating their opinion anywhere. I mean...give me a break. We all know that we aren't going to agree with each other. If we were to say, "in my opinion" before every opinion we had...that phrase would dominate the boards. Use some common sense guys. We all do it...you're pointing at someone...but there are three fingers pointing back at you.



Yes, but she acts like her opinion is the end all be all in some cases. Then if anyone mildly disagrees she bites their heads off.

Just because I may like a certain show and want it to have its own forum dosen't mean I outright say any other show is crap.

_________________
Image
Banner made by the wonderful SuperKabob!


Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:14 am
Profile
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:07 pm
Posts: 11297
Main Role: Performer
Post 
The REAL Ciaron wrote:
Sweeney Hyde wrote:
I think Camelot deserves a forum before any more new ones are added, personally...one for Follies, but Camelot first.



Follies first. Camelot is an OK show. Sorry Salome but it's true. Follies is the greatest musical ever written.
yes but Camelot is a masterpiece as well..one of the 5 greatest.

_________________
Image[/quote]


Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:09 am
Posts: 2924
Post Re: Why was this Forum added..
pish123c wrote:

Yes, but she acts like her opinion is the end all be all in some cases. Then if anyone mildly disagrees she bites their heads off.

Just because I may like a certain show and want it to have its own forum dosen't mean I outright say any other show is crap.


That's what I meant. :p

_________________
Image


Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:32 am
Profile
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 8:33 am
Posts: 3056
Location: Musical Cyberspace
Current Obsession: Musicals!
Post Camelot
The REAL Ciaron wrote:
Camelot is an OK show. Sorry Salome but it's true.

Salome wrote:
Yes but Camelot is a masterpiece as well, one of the 5 greatest.

I really like Camelot, but I struggle to think of it in a definitive version because there are so many versions floating around. I've never been able to reconcile the book of the show with the mostly brilliant score. The script I have has obviously changed since it was published and I don't know how close to the "official version" of the show the 1982 Harris DVD is. Even so, I'd be reluctant to put in on a list of of the 5 greatest musicals even if it has the potential to be extremely moving.

I'm sure there has been a thread about this before - but, Salome, if you feel like writing a bit about what is in and what is out of the "ofifical" version, I know I'd be interested to read it.

Later days
David

_________________
Image
VISIT MUSICAL CYBERSPACE: A TRIBUTE TO THE MUSICALS OF BROADWAY AND BEYOND.


Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:31 am
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:26 pm
Posts: 28
Location: texas
Post 
Salome wrote:
London_Mungojerrie wrote:
Salome wrote:
No, I'm serious. alot better shows still dont have forums. and the stage version of Mary Poppins cuts the 4 best songs in the film. not to mention added new ones not even written by the Sherman Brothers.


Have you seen Mary Poppins live in London?

What were these 4 "fantastic" songs that arn't in the stage show anyway?

And Stiles and Drew did a better job with the new songs than the Sherman Brothers could have ever done ;)


Life I Lead

Sister Surragate

I Love To Laugh

The Bank Song


stiles and drew cant even lick the Sherman's feet. lol



they suck.
i like george and stiles' song better
if ask me,it's a masterpiece.


Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm
Profile
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:42 am
Posts: 2
Location: england
Post 
i agree,
the new songs are amazing
ive seen this show twice and think its the best production ive seen
you need to understand the show before you say bad things about it

_________________
:D being on stage is the best feeling ever :D


Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:21 am
Profile
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:25 pm
Posts: 4136
Location: The Old Red Hills of Home
Current Obsession: Stephen Sondheim, Falsettos
Main Role: Performer
Post 
Bumping a very old thread but I had to put in my two cents.
I, personally really enjoy Mary Poppins. I might be a bit biased since it's one of my favorite Disney movie, but I loved the London cast recording. "The Life I Lead" and "Sister Suffragette" are the only cut songs I really miss...though I was a bit sad when I saw that "I Love to Laugh" was taken out. I love "Feed the Birds", however, and I think it's fantastic in the show.
On the topic of what should have a separate forum and what shouldn't...Camelot and Man of La Mancha definitely need one, as does Avenue Q, but Mary Poppins doesn't need to be removed. If anything needs to be removed, I think it's Tarzan, Tommy, and Titanic, just because those see activity maybe once every three months.
Just my two cents.
I'm not really digging the whole Salome slamming, either... :?

_________________
Image
Previously: Baker, Into the Woods; Leo Frank, Parade
Currently: Georg, Spring Awakening


Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:39 pm
Profile
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:07 pm
Posts: 11297
Main Role: Performer
Post 
Titanic has consistent activity.

_________________
Image[/quote]


Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.