The Resource For Musicals

Cats Forum

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
RUMBLEPURR's FANFICTION UPDATE 

Current Obsession: Fanfiction - CATS
Post WEEKLY UPDATE
UPDATE FOR May 3, 2010

PARODY
Hairy Putter and the Half-Drunk Putz (Part 2)

The center 10 chapters of the 30 Chapter literary work of Auntie Rawling. This parody takes you from "Oh, Quitit" (Chapter 11) to "Lard Baldydork's Request" (Chapter 20) with all the snide remarks in between...

US TOUR is resting this week - next stop is Wausau, WI on the 10th & 11th.

Respectfully submitted,
Rumblepurr
The Writer Cat.

Mon May 03, 2010 2:00 pm
Profile WWW

Post UPDATE
Weekly Update for 5/10/2010

THE NEW JELLICLE CHRONICLES
Book 8 - Chapter 2 - Love is Kind
STORY IS RATED PG13

Three impending births keep the Healers busy, and three daughters will be born if Jellylorum has anything to say about it, but Daffodil, one of Tugger's 'girls', proves to be a problem. And the solution maybe in the maternal instincts of a certain Queen. Mungojerrie, Rumpelteazer and Electra are itching to make some action against the Dockside gang that are trying to take over the Upper West Side. However, the arrival of a mysterious 'wave of magic' startles everyone - especially Munkustrap...

The US TOUR is in the north central region. Starting MAY 10 &11 in Wausau, WI; then the 13th in Sioux City, IA; then the 14th thru the 16th in Minneapolis, MN.

2010 -- 11 Dates: Here are the ones collected so far: 2010 – NOV. 19-21 in Columbus OH; 2011 – FEB. 1-6 in Quebec, Canada; APR. 1-3 in Nashville, TN; APR. 23rd in Spokane, WA; APR. 26-27 in San Bernardino, CA; MAY 24-29 in Charlotte, NC; and JUN. 3-5 in Albuquerque, NM.

Respectfully submitted,
Rumblepurr
The Writer Cat.

Mon May 10, 2010 12:23 pm
Profile WWW

Post Update May 17, 2010
I know, I know...

UPDATE FOR May 17th

THE JELLICLE CHRONICLES
PARODY - Joeschlep & the Amusing Tie-Dyed Dreamshorts - Act One.

Rated PG15 - Just because...

The Award-Whining Webbie & Rice Musical that tells the story of a birthday gift that should have been returned...

TNJC 8.03 is still in progress

The US TOUR is in Detroit MI for the week (Tues - Sun).

Respectfully... sort of...
Rumblepurr
The Writer Cat.

Mon May 17, 2010 10:56 am
Profile WWW

Post Weekly Update
For those interested in my Fanfiction....

UPDATE for MAY 24th

BOOK 8 - Chapter 3 - Love Does Envy or Boast

Pouncival and Sillabub get a eye-opening look at their young Princess, Esther, and the Gift she received from her mother. Along the way, members of the Maison are trying to get Daffodil to open up about her depression. Munkustrap gets 'firsthand' knowledge about why he saw a Silver Tabby in the Summoning Spell. Mistoffelees is teaching his son, Philo, how to use offensive spells, and he comes to a astonishing conclusion on why he received the Summoning Spell.

PARODY - ACT TWO of JOESCHLEP & the Amusing Tie-Dyed Dreamshorts

THE US TOUR is now in TORONTO, Ontario, Canada for the week of May 25th through May 30th.

Respectfully submitted,
Rumblepurr
The Writer Cat.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:23 am
Profile WWW

Post Update
For those who are interested in my fanfiction...

Weekly Update for May 31st

BOOK 8 -- Chapter 4 -- Love is Not Rude

Mungojerrie and Rumpelteazer have a successful patrol with Electra and Natasha... Persephone and Sarah have a visitor -- Munkustrap, who is actually looking for Misto or Victoria. Finding Victoria with Phaedra, he asks her where to find the Conjurer. She directs him to go Below... With the help of a Yeahlika named Vincent, he finds Misto, who is working on something strange... Cassandra is asked to psyche Daffodil, and the reason she is depressed... Macavity records the birth of his Heir... And Bomba asks Demeter to take her back in time to understand their roles in Munkustrap's life...

The US TOUR is in ONTARIO Canada during this week: Sault St. Marie (31st); Sudsbury (1st), Petersborough (2nd), and Kingston (3rd). After that, they travel to Buffalo NY (4th -- 6th). The itinerary has Youngstown OH for the 7th, but I do NOT have a confirmation from any theater there.

Respectfully submitted.
Rumblepurr
The Writer Cat

Mon May 31, 2010 7:28 pm
Profile WWW

Post UPDATE 8 Jun 2010
For those interested in my fanfiction

UPDATE for JUNE 8, 2010

THE JELLICLE CHRONICLES
PARODY - Hairy Putter & The Half-Drunk Putz (Part 3)

The final ten chapters of the book... with a few side trips...

Respectfully,
Rumblepurr
The Writer Cat

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: CATS, Charm&Smiley.
Main Role: Fan
Just for curiousity, who did you put as Harry "putter"?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Post Um...
Heavylove wrote:
Just for curiousity, who did you put as Harry "putter"?

First, let me identify who GUS JUNIOR is... The Video served as a character base for me when I first began writing TJC. In the video, we have Sir Jon Miles paying Gus the Theater Cat. However, we have Tony Timberlake playing ASPARAGUS (Chorus Cat for BJ, Gus & Growlie). Technically, They played as two separate characters, so I made him into GUS JUNIOR... When Gus The Theater Cat goes Heavyside in TJC, Gus Junior becomes GUS.

During the first Five Parodies of Harry Potter, I have Pouncival playing Harry ("Hairy"). Now in Book 6, the Ron/Hermione and the Harry/Ginny W. romances start. So, in the GREEN ROOM section, I have Asparagus Junior and Pounce change parts. Thus, Pounce is now Ron (or Bong Wheezy) and Gus Junior is now Harry (or Hairy Putter)

In TJC, Pouncival pairs with Jemima and Gus Junior pairs with Cettie (Etcetera). When I started the HP Parodies, I cast Cettie as Ginny Weasley, and Jemima as Hermione Granger. When Book 6 came out in affirmation of what everyone was predicting, I had these two couples mixed. The two 'girls' were set - Cettie could NOT be Hermione, so that meant the two guys had to switch...

Clear as mud?

Regards,
Rumblepurr
The Writer Cat.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:14 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Preatty clear, apart from why cettie couldnt be Hermonie in book six, isnt she preatty old this far in in the series?

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:05 am

Post Cettie - Love Her...
Cettie - the dear little white tiger cat - is mostly played as the Eternal Kitten in TJC. In the CATS Video and on stage at the New London, Etcetera is portrayed as a young kitten who is a Ditz. She is very sweet and lovable, but she seems to be destined to the Clueless Kitty. I make sure that she is very much loved in TJC's Tribe, protected, and eventually paired with Gus Junior - who is infinitely patient with his Mate. She loves Life and being happy in it.

In the parodies, Etcetera (Cettie) is given the character of a 'ya know' Valley Girl. This reference is, like, probably, you know, out of date, fer sure, dude, but she is still the lovable ditz kitty... totally...

Because she tends to go vacuous at times, Cettie could not be Hermione. I play Jemima (UK) as a kitten who have the gift of Clear Sight - which allows her to see through illusions and falseness. Although she still had her kitten moments (even as an adult), Jemmi is often the smartest of the Kitten Group. Hence, Jemmi is Hermione (Hermouthie) and cannot be Gunny Wheezy.

As far as age is concerned, the parodies are somewhat nebulous. I realize that at the end of TJC, Munkustrap is 22 years old - an ancient in my Jellicle world. In human years, he is about 90. However, in the Ancients, Yeahlika (the Jellicle forefather) lived to the actual Century mark with humans. Technically, when Charumcah takes the Jellicles back to the Homeworld, they appear there in their early twenties. Even Old Deuteronomy appears as a 20-year-old. Even at Jellicle 20, Cettie is STILL a kitten at heart. So even Munkus in his "old age" can play the lead roles in the parodies... Most of the time in the parodies, I see the main characters (Munkus) as being in their 30s, the second generation (Augustus) in their 20s and the third generation (Ceres & Gwion) in their tweens.

One more thing... My parodies even takes CATS into the definition. Clothing on Jellicles? Anatomical reactions? Character jokes? Nothing is sacred when either TJC or Heathrow Characters are put into the mix.

Respectfully,
Rumblepurr
The Writer Cat.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:58 am
Profile WWW

Post UPDATE FOR JUNE 15th
For those interested in my fanfiction

WEEKLY UPDATE for June 15, 2010

Book 8 -- Chapter 5 -- Love Is Not Selfish

Halloween, and the costume party starts in the Manhattan Maison. Serena and Bernadette talk about their near-future and mating with Jonathan. He needs a little convincing that he is not just a logical choice of a mate. Natasha has a run-in with Sterling when she finds him raping a young Queen. At the party, Natasha interrupts the festive atmosphere by carrying the injured Queen in for Jellylorum to work on. For a while, Munkustrap is called off to visit some very special friends, but he comes back to some very bad news...

KNOWN US TOUR: June 18--20 in Vienna VA at the Wolf Trap (Filene Center); June 22--27 in West Palm Beach FL At the Kravis Center. After that, the Tour has a layoff until the 12th of July.

Respectfully submitted,
Rumblepurr
The Writer Cat

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:54 pm
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Since some off the Jellicles in the show (primarly Shimble and Rumple) do have clothes I dont find Jellicles with clothes that surprising.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next