The Resource For Musicals

Auditions Auditions Auditions Forum

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
closed 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post closed

Last edited by loveyourlight on Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:56 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Current Obsession: Parade, Big Fish
Main Role: Performer
Post Re: Which song suits my voice best for my audition (soundclo
Hello!
Trust me, your voice is NOT cringe-worthy :lol: Don't be too hard on yourself, just focus on giving the best audition you can!
Anyway, I feel like I Don't Know How to Love Him may be overdone, but you do sing it well. Directors might be comparing you too much to other performers with more popular covers.
I felt like Only Hope best suited your voice, Goodbye Until Tomorrow a close second.

If you want other recommendations, maybe one of these? Not positive how they would sound/how comfortable they'd be with your voice though.
A Girl Before, American Psycho
If the World Should End, Spiderman: Turn off the Dark
The Party Goes With You, 35mm
Where I Am Now, Lysistrata Jones
Safer, First Date

Break a leg! :D

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:25 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

RikerMRP wrote:
Hello!
Trust me, your voice is NOT cringe-worthy :lol: Don't be too hard on yourself, just focus on giving the best audition you can!
Anyway, I feel like I Don't Know How to Love Him may be overdone, but you do sing it well. Directors might be comparing you too much to other performers with more popular covers.
I felt like Only Hope best suited your voice, Goodbye Until Tomorrow a close second.

If you want other recommendations, maybe one of these? Not positive how they would sound/how comfortable they'd be with your voice though.
Safer, First Date

Thanks so much!! I agree that Don't Know How... can be overdone so I wasn't sure. I'm getting so many different opinions! A Girl Before is actually a really great choice so I'm gonna check that out too and some of the others before I fully decide :)

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:55 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

RikerMRP wrote:
Hello!

Safer, First Date

One more question: Do you think that "Goodbye Until Tomorrow" is a strong enough song to audition with, and does it fit Spring Awakening okay, at least for Wendla?

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:06 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Current Obsession: Parade, Big Fish
Main Role: Performer
loveyourlight wrote:
RikerMRP wrote:
Hello!

Safer, First Date

One more question: Do you think that "Goodbye Until Tomorrow" is a strong enough song to audition with, and does it fit Spring Awakening okay, at least for Wendla?

I think Goodbye Until Tomorrow sounds great with your voice, but it's more on the upbeat/pop side. However, if you're going for Wendla I think it's fine :)

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]