The Resource For Musicals

The MdN Social Club Forum

Reply to topic  [ 7370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264 ... 615  Next
Random Facts Thread part 11 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Stephen Sondheim, Falsettos
Main Role: Performer
Post Re: Random Facts Thread part 11
First day of school was profoundly uneventful, LMAO. I have a grand total of two new teachers (thank you band, Latin, theatre, and chorus teacher teaching theory) and, of course, my only homework is to get those damn syllabuses/bi signed. But I'm too tired/lazy to get them out of my bookbag...oi.

School. Ugh.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Main Role: Stage Manager
elphieglinda16 wrote:
That is actually a little depressing to listen to...anyway to top off this wonderful day my mom deactivated my FB account.

So reactivate it. Don't they put a time thing on those so that if you change your mind you can go back?

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Huh. I'm watching the Sondheim birthday concert. Michael Cerveris is singing Sweeney Todd stuff.

I think he's greatly improved on that since the revival. He actually sounds like a baritone now.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:48 pm

Current Obsession: Musicals!
Post Random Facts Thread: Part 11
mastachen wrote:
Lauren Ambrose has been chosen to play Fanny Brice in the Funny Girl revival. In other news, Lea Michele is searching for a hitman.

Felix Felicis wrote:
I'm delighted about Lauren Ambrose being cast in the Funny Girl revival. Top stuff.

There's a great ongoing thread about the upcoming revival of Funny Girl here. Felix Felicis has found it, but the rest of you should check it out too.

kozafluitmusique wrote:
I liked Wicked. But I can see why people hate it. There. I said it.

You should have a browse through the threads over at the Wicked board. I am sure you will be able to drum up some interesting discussion!

jackissensational wrote:
Is the full recording of Passion (with Donna Murphy) available online? Someone attempted to put it on YouTube but it's got huge chunks missing.

Assuming you mean the filming of the stage production (as opposed to the cast recording), it can be purchased online from places like Amazon. At least, that is the legal way to do it.

Pannic wrote:
I'm watching Sondheim: The Birthday Concert. Michael Cerveris is singing Sweeney Todd stuff. I think he's greatly improved on that since the revival. He actually sounds like a baritone now.

I've responded to this over on the Sweeney Todd board in the discussion about the merits and otherwise of the various actors who have played the role. It's a great pity actually that we never had a thread devoted to The Birthday Concert.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:26 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Random Facts Thread: Part 11
RainbowJude wrote:
mastachen wrote:
Lauren Ambrose has been chosen to play Fanny Brice in the Funny Girl revival. In other news, Lea Michele is searching for a hitman.

Felix Felicis wrote:
I'm delighted about Lauren Ambrose being cast in the Funny Girl revival. Top stuff.

There's a great ongoing thread about the upcoming revival of Funny Girl here. Felix Felicis has found it, but the rest of you should check it out too.

kozafluitmusique wrote:
I liked Wicked. But I can see why people hate it. There. I said it.

You should have a browse through the threads over at the Wicked board. I am sure you will be able to drum up some interesting discussion!

jackissensational wrote:
Is the full recording of Passion (with Donna Murphy) available online? Someone attempted to put it on YouTube but it's got huge chunks missing.

Assuming you mean the filming of the stage production (as opposed to the cast recording), it can be purchased online from places like Amazon. At least, that is the legal way to do it.

Pannic wrote:
I'm watching Sondheim: The Birthday Concert. Michael Cerveris is singing Sweeney Todd stuff. I think he's greatly improved on that since the revival. He actually sounds like a baritone now.

I've responded to this over on the Sweeney Todd board in the discussion about the merits and otherwise of the various actors who have played the role. It's a great pity actually that we never had a thread devoted to The Birthday Concert.

You're aware no one is following your subtle orders, right?

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:05 am

fjays wrote:

You're aware that I don't care about your snarky comments, right?

:roll:

Man, we need some new blood around here. Some people who are actually up for talking about musicals instead of pretending as though this site is an extension of their Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:18 am
Profile WWW

RainbowJude wrote:
fjays wrote:

You're aware that I don't care about your snarky comments, right?

:roll:

Man, we need some new blood around here. Some people who are actually up for talking about musicals instead of pretending as though this site is an extension of their Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Haha yup, aware! It's just I don't see why you bother trying to make everyone use other threads, because essentially, this thread is random. Random, for each user to choose what they want to post about. I think more people would actually talk about musicals if this place wasn't so dead. I don't know why it's dead, it used to be freaking amazing. WHYYYY.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:49 am

fjays wrote:
Haha yup, aware! It's just I don't see why you bother trying to make everyone use other threads, because essentially, this thread is random. Random, for each user to choose what they want to post about.

The Random Facts Thread was not created for the purpose for discussing on-topic subjects. It was created for little off-topic things so that there wouldn't be millions of little one-post threads about random things that cluttered up the board. That's a great idea, but I draw the line at the point where the Random Facts Thread begins to operate at the expense of the on-topic areas of the board. So I'll redirect conversations that are on-topic for as long as they appear here. The rest of the boards here deserve some shot at a bit of action and posting threads that are on-topic in the appropriate place is one of the things that each of us agreed to do when we signed up.

fjays wrote:
I think more people would actually talk about musicals if this place wasn't so dead.

This place wouldn't be so dead if the people who were actually here talked more about musicals. Posting on-topic discussions in a thread like this only deadens the place even more. Imagine what it looks like to a potential new members. They aren't interested in searching through the Random Facts thread for some mention of musical theatre. If everyone who was currently a member here committed themselves to making two on-topic posts a day in the appropriate threads on the appropriate boards, then this place might become the thriving place it once was. But at the moment it's a generally boring Twitter feed.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:09 am
Profile WWW

Main Role: Other...
RJ: FYI, I did browse the Wicked forums RIGHT after I saw it and got home. I'll look more in depth when I have some more time on my hands, but I don't have it now to look.

UniquePerspective wrote:
I HAVE MY FIRST NEW YORK CITY DIRECTING GIG.

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS.

IS THIS REAL LIFE?

YESSSSSSSSS! YOU GO JORDAN!!!

Sigh. Can we just have peace in MdN again? If it's anything, it's arguments, RJ, that you create that can keep people away, too.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Living. Laughing. Breathing. Singing.
RainbowJude wrote:
fjays wrote:
I think more people would actually talk about musicals if this place wasn't so dead.

This place wouldn't be so dead if the people who were actually here talked more about musicals. Posting on-topic discussions in a thread like this only deadens the place even more. Imagine what it looks like to a potential new members. They aren't interested in searching through the Random Facts thread for some mention of musical theatre. If everyone who was currently a member here committed themselves to making two on-topic posts a day in the appropriate threads on the appropriate boards, then this place might become the thriving place it once was. But at the moment it's a generally boring Twitter feed.

I do tend to agree with you. Most of the interesting discussions I've had have been outside of this thread... Not that I don't like hearing about everyone's day. :-S

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:10 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

You know, with all of this discussion, there's only one thing to do. Make a thread about it.

http://www.musicals.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=82807

Image The RIGHT banner made my the great Lexi.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:36 am

Current Obsession: Too many to list.
Main Role: Fan
NO!!!! I'm now discovering flaws in Harry Potter.....Being a adult sucks!!!!!! :cry:

MDN's Superlative Voting Winner:Most Likely To Make You Laugh

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264 ... 615  Next