The Resource For Musicals

The Sound of Music Forum

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Audtion Assistance 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Location: In the woods far from civilisation (yet still with electricity? hmmm...)
Main Role: Performer
i think that sounds quite a good choice, maybe consider something from south pacific, or another R&H show that has kids' roles in

[color=#80BFFF]lalalalala![/color]
I'm BACK! [color=#8040FF]But I need to work out a picture to put here...[/color]
[size=150]Team Cathy! :D[/size]

Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:02 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Sixteen Going on Seventeen?
I'm not sure if anyone visits this board anymore, but I'm auditioning for Liesl next month and could use some help. I have to prepare Sixteen Going on Seventeen for my audition piece and wondered if anyone had any advice for how to perform the song in audition setting. I also have to attend a dance call for Liesl and Rolf candidates and wondered if anyone had done something similar and had any advice? Thank you!

Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:58 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Current Obsession: Sound of Music
Post Re: Audtion Assistance
This thread was super helpful- I searched the boards on Liesl before making my thread, but for some reason I didn't see this until (I know, I know, stickied and everything:P)

However, as it was mentioned, a lot of the threads had been deleted for audition songs and what not :(

Thanks for putting this together, though :D

Tue May 22, 2012 7:50 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: In the Heights,Aaron Tveit, I Love You Because
Post Re: Audtion Assistance
Hey guys,

Im inbetween Liesl and Maria - early 20s

thanks for the advice everyone- i'm 5'6' average and would love tips to look younger I've gotten called back for liesl twice with "In My Own little Corner" from Cinderella and "They Cant Take That Away From Me' the Gershwin standard. I auditioned two other times for the show (once as a child) but wasnt called back.

would love audition songs that work for both or tips to appear more youthful. audition is this weekend.

if I knew Much More that's a great idea - could try to learn it real quickly. Other choices that I already know are "I feel Pretty" " Wonderful Guy" or "many a new Day/People will say we're in love"

Previous: Into The Woods -Cinderella, West Side Story- Rosalia, My Fair Lady - u/s Eliza, Cats -Demeter, FAME!-Serena, Fiddler...- Hodel, A Chorus Line - Lois, Guys and Dolls - Adelaide, No, No Nanette

Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2