The Resource For Musicals

Anything Goes Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Help with moonface 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Help with moonface
Hey guys, im going to be in a summer production of anything goes, and ill be playing moonface. im 16 and just graduated sophomore year. I got the part over like 3 other college kids, so I really want to deliver. I've been doing classes for 3 years, and learn the whole "objective and emotion" approach to acting. but, I feel like getting into character would be hard, because in some scenes that I've read, it seems like the best way to do it is make him seem like a whiny, bumbling prick, while in other scenes, he cool, calm, collected, smooth, etc. does that sound about right? and for the accent, what should I do? I know the old school gangster sound is what youre going for, but when I do that, it sounds like a mix of old school new York and boston. it's really weird lol. but yeah I can sing and dance (if I have to dance) and know the songs pretty well ("be like the bluebird", "friendship"). I just really want to nail these parts guys. thanks, any help regarding mannerisms, accents, attitude, relationships, and other things regarding moonface. thanks guys!

Mon May 13, 2013 1:43 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Main Role: Performer
Post Re: Help with moonface
Moonface is the classic "Clown' role...think of actors like Burt Lahr, Jimmy Durante,Sammy Davis Jr.

dont overthink the role let the lines work for you. all in all moon is a creampuff and a good freind who goes to extremes.

Tue May 14, 2013 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: Help with moonface
The article has been really helpful.

Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]