The Resource For Musicals

Miss Saigon Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Miss Saigon ending - "Little God of My Heart" 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Miss Saigon ending - "Little God of My Heart"
Hi all,

I'm interested in talking to other MIss Saigon fans who sill frequent this board - especially those who are fans of the show's "forgotten" ending, "Little God of My Heart". Who here knows of the ending? What are shared opinions on this piece?

For reference - this piece replaced The Sacred Bird in 1991, and ran until 1994, when the current Finale Act Two was introduced. Does anyone remember seeing this piece onstage? If so, I'd love to hear your comments.

My personal feeling is that this piece is the strongest of the show's four endings to date, and I would love to discuss with other fans of the show. I also have many recordings to share, if anyone is interested.

Please email me with your thoughts!

Best,

Joseph
joe.bardsley@gmail.com

Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:52 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Main Role: Fan
Post Re: Miss Saigon ending - "Little God of My Heart"
Hi Joseph,

The Miss Saigon Board doesn't seem to be all that active these days...

I saw the show many times in Toronto between 1993 and 1995 and I remember noticing that they changed the lyrics and music sometime during the run. I don't really recall any change at all to the staging of the number, but I noticed the change right away because I was listening to the Japanese cast recording non-stop at the time which includes the "Little God of My Heart" ending.

Saw the 2004 and 2008 Japanese productions which were the last two times the original direction and set were used as well as the 2012 Japanese production which is the same as the 2011 Dutch production. The new version of the show will be remounted next summer in Tokyo as well.

Would be great to discuss this show in detail with fellow fans...

Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:38 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Main Role: Fan
Post Re: Miss Saigon ending - "Little God of My Heart"
Just saw the show again in Detroit Friday night, not familar with the ending you are referring to, but would love to see/hear it. Show was good, they changed some scenes around which I didn't like very much, but overall enjoyed it. Hung out afterwards at the stage door, got to see Kim-Manna Nichols, very nice, had a great voice. The guy who played Chris-Charlie Brady, came out and went straight to the bus, was a decent performance by him, just seems the leads were not as strong as when I saw it in Detroit about 14-15 years ago.......

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:56 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]