The Resource For Musicals

Les Miserables Forum

Reply to topic  [ 552 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 46  Next
Random Pictures 'n Stuff 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Post Re: Random Pictures 'n Stuff
Oh yes, I've heard of that adaptation, it was released in 1973, unfortunately the canal that had produced this telenovela went bankrupt many years ago, and it's possible that no copy of the telenovela exists. Here's a reivew of the telenovela:
Quote:
Los Misérables, 1973
This is a an early Mexican TV adaptation of Les Misérables, very faithful to the original novel. Mexican actor Sergio Bustamante plays a rough, strong, serene and sweet Jean Valjean, one of the best performances of this character. Antonio Passy, a Spanish actor born in Barcelona, plays a Javert very close to Hugo's description: "Javert's face consisted in a blunt nose, with two deep nostrils towards which two enormous sideburns were promoting from his cheeks..." An exact description of Passy's face. The Thérnardiers are extraordinarily portrayed by Magda Guzmán and Carlos Ancira, one of the best stage actors in México. Magda's Madame Thérnardier is an old, redheaded witch, a monster whose yelling terrifies little Cosette. Ancira's Thérnardier is as weak and wretched as Víctor Hugo could have imagined him, with the face of a knave and philosopher at the same time. Blanca Sánchez is a beautiful and tragic Fantine; Diana Bracho, a pretty and angelic Cosette; and Maria Rojo, a common face in Mexican films, gives Éponine the right touch of tragedy and bravery.

The 20 hour length of the TV-series allowed a presentation of almost the complete novel, with details often suppressed in most other cinematographic and television adaptations, for example Monsiuer Mebuef's episode and Jean Valjean's exit from the convent in an empty coffin. The final scene, with Jean Valjean's death, brings tears to your eyes.

I would love for it to air on TV here in Mexico, but there's little chance for that. I've looked for it in stores, but nothing. If I ever, by any chance, get a copy of it, I'll be glad to share it. Here's a website for the telenovela
http://miserables1973.wetpaint.com/

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:10 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: MUSIC in MUSICals
Main Role: Fan
Thank you!

There has to be a copy of it somewhere in the world. Too bad this was the era before videotape, then I'm sure someone out there would have preserved it on tape. If the studio went bankrupt, I doubt they'd have destroyed their only copy. I want to see it so badly!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:18 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Take a look at that: http://204.75.12.232/images/RRT/RRT23023.jpg
OLC One Day More 1985 press photo

Notice something odd? ;)

Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:09 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Besides the obvious oddity of Enjolras wearing a jacket, is Cosette wearing a different dress than the black one? Is that the extra dress Rebecca once talked about that was scrapped before the premiere?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:28 pm

I know I've seen that photo somewhere before but I can't remember when/where. It looks awfully familiar.

So glad they scrapped that one dress and went with the black!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:08 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Late but...yeah, I wanted to point at Cosette's dress. Interesting and kinda close to the current tour dress I think.

Here's for a laugh: http://www.ebay.de/itm/1-Book-Photo-Ric ... 4aaecbc94f

:-D

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:30 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Found some 3NT-cast pics that I fore some reason had saved on my old computor. At least I think it is the 3 NT.
One Day More (Toronto?)
Sutton Foster as Eponine.
A Little Fall of Rain (Tim Howar and Sutton Foster and others....)
Red and Black with a lot of people (Names anybody?)
Look Down. Sutton Foster and well, who are they?
Cosettes-Gavroches Elini Anderson, Jeff Hyke?, Chris Windsor? and Maggie Martinsen.

Sincerely
Max=)

Last edited by Maximilia on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Why did you have to go on to stir old memories? WHY?

Damn you. Damn you, Damn you.

Kidding, obviously.

Awwww, Marius tour. Oh how I miss you so. :-({|=

Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:12 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

And theese are really from way back when. Royal Shakespeare Company-days. With the famous Cosette-dress... and other things.

http://www.johncaird.com/images/musical ... /index.htm

Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:34 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

My collection(not including clothing and posters):

Full view of my musicals/Les Miz shelf. Containing all albums, books and bits and pieces I gathered over the years. Bottom right: the Les Miz Interactive CD-ROM hull. Not pictured: clothing, only got a Miz T-shirt and the current "24601" longsleeve. On the upper right hand side you can barely make out one of my three posters which decorate my rooms.

Collection of brochures. Top left to right: Vienna 1988/89 with autographs inside, Duisburg premiere(with inscript "Premiere Musical Theater Duisburg" on front), Duisburg 1997, Duisburg 1998/99. Bottom: London 1996(featuring Peter Karrie, Jeff Leyton, Michael McCarthy, Lea Salonga, David Bardsley), TAC, 25AC/QUAC, final Broadway. Not pictured: London 98/99, Duisburg cast list inserts.

Top and bottom: Duisburg autographs, sadly only a small amount of the total. Center: London 96 program(with Frances Ruffelle), History in the Making, Vienna production photobook(quite a find), Berlin program with autograph of Oleg Vynnyk(Valjean) on back

Top: Red cap give away from the last Duisburg show. Center: German 3-part brick. Bottom: "Barricades" and "The Insurgent Barricade"

Last edited by Auf die Barrikaden on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:48 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Now that's an impressive collection! I wish I had it! :D How many times have you seen the show?

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:12 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Vanessa20 wrote:
Now that's an impressive collection! I wish I had it! :D How many times have you seen the show?

Thanks. Just eight times.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 552 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 46  Next