The Resource For Musicals

Les Miserables Forum

Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Les Mis FAQ 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: MUSIC in MUSICals
Main Role: Fan
Post Re: Les Mis FAQ
Auf die Barrikaden wrote:
For Quique: More Concert performances until 2000, dates and venues taken from the QUAC brochure(oh how I love it!):

31 May 1996 - Gisselfeld Castle, Haslev, DENMARK
28 June 1997 - Open-Air Concert, Forsmark, SWEDEN
24 August 1997 - Hylands Park, Chelmsford, ENGLAND
5 July 1998 - Cardiff Castle, Cardiff, WALES
7 November 1998 - Mediterranean Conference Center, Valetta, MALTA

Also, anyone who might share a special concert performance from 1989 with me would be highly welcomed...

^Thank you! I've added those to our listings.

A BIG, WET Quique-FRENCH KISS to you, for being the only one so far to help! XD

Oh, and I've added more 3rd National Tour dates--through 1999. :)

Mon May 23, 2011 11:49 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Hi, I'm sorry if this question has been asked before or I've posted the question in the wrong place but I'm not 100% on how the forum works yet!

I'm planning a trip to London in October and I was just wondering if the cast usually come out to the stage door after matinee performances to sign things and take photos?

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:28 am
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

EKH24601 wrote:
Hi, I'm sorry if this question has been asked before or I've posted the question in the wrong place but I'm not 100% on how the forum works yet!

I'm planning a trip to London in October and I was just wondering if the cast usually come out to the stage door after matinee performances to sign things and take photos?

Hi and welcome! It has been asked before in several topics, but this is a good place for it, too.
Most of them come out to get something to eat and have to time off in the first place, not exclusively to sign stuff etc., but it'll be fine. With Matt Lucas and Alfie Boe in the cast (only Boe when you're coming, of course), the stage door has become busier than in the days when there were no 'names' in the cast. Of course, as it is a matinee performance it may be a Wednesday (?), in which case Alfie Boe's 'fanclub' may not be there which means it may be less busy but even so, most of the cast are happy to see people there who enjoyed and appreciated their performances. There are certain aspects of stage door etiquette of course. I'm not assuming you'd disregard this, but I hope it's okay if I mention them anyway as more and more people recently have ignored them... not standing right inside the door, blocking people's way (i.e. most of the time crew members or also ensemble members), not interrupting people in conversations and also not stopping them if they're leaving in a hurry, not taking it all for granted. It may, of course, happen that whoever you're waiting for doesn't have time or doesn't come out, but usually the stage door atmosphere is good if everyone is polite and respectful...

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:50 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Thanks for the reply Eppie-Sue!
Though I'd love to see Alfie as Valjean, the only times I could go to see him are nearly completely sold out :( My friend was at the show the other night and saw Jonathan Williams and has convinced me that seeing him as Valjean is a must so we would indeed be going to a Wednesday matinee!

Whilst it wouldn't be my first time at a show's SD, I have only ever been to the SD after evening performances, so that's why I was a bit unsure - especially since I'd love to meet Hadley, Craig etc, and congratulate them on a performance that I know would be top notch (if they're not in a rush of course.)

Thanks again :D

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:43 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

A question on "Abaisse" raised me to the fact that the production list(which should be extricated from the FAQ into an own thread) misses the obscure Mauritian production:

12 June 1999 - Municipal theatre, Mahebourg, MAURITIUS (closed 28 June)

Next up, the concerts from 2000 onwards...if I'm not too lazy.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:39 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Any news when Les Mis will return to Australia? Poor Aussies...so crazy about it yet having had no official production since 1999...and then they will get the 25th tour with it's crappy prologue.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:58 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Quote:
Javert: Philip Quast
Sydney, Australia 1987
London 1989
Adelaide, Australia 1991
Brisbane, Australia 1991
Auckland, New Zealand 1991
UK Tour (Manchester) 1992
Tenth Anniversary Concert 1995
Hey Mr Producer! Segment 1998

Thank you SO MUCH for this info <3

Thanks also for the pronunciation guide at the very beginning. I had no clue how to say most of the names.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:50 am
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Current Obsession: Obsessed with Sondheim. Always Sondheim.
Main Role: Performer
Auf die Barrikaden wrote:
Any news when Les Mis will return to Australia? Poor Aussies...so crazy about it yet having had no official production since 1999...and then they will get the 25th tour with it's crappy prologue.

So. True. I'm a disgruntled Aussie Les Mis fanatic :(

Previously: Mary Phagan in Parade, Puck in A Midsummer Night's Dream, Little Red in Into the Woods, Annie in Annie

Hopefully: Fantine in Les Mis, Rose in Gypsy, Olive in Spelling Bee..

Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:12 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Hoping I'm in the right place with this one...

I'm looking at going to a live performance (but not til next year), and I'm assuming it's going to be whatever touring version is out and about right now (probably with the 25th anniversary cuts). It's at the Hippodrome in Baltimore in April.

Any idea what to expect (cuts wise)?

Any idea who to expect (in any given roles)?

As a first timer:

What is the ettiquette for clapping/cheering at solo's? (I don't want to be the one 'weirdo' giving a standing 'O' after Javert's suicide.)

Is there an intermission? Should I buy souveniers? To have signed (if anyone in the cast is 'big name' enough)?

Anyone local planning on going to this one, for meet-up purposes?

Is there a Stage Door (or place to get autographs/pictures)? Is anyone in the cast 'big name' enough to warrant waiting for autographs/pictures?

Should I feel as lame as I do for wondering these things?

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:09 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Willow_Taevyn wrote:
Any idea what to expect (cuts wise)?

I don't remember all the cuts, but I know that as in the 25th Ann. concert, 1 verse of "Come to Me" is gone, as is 1 verse of "Castle on a Cloud," and various other bits and pieces. But thankfully, several passages that were cut back in the early 2000s have been put back, like the inn scene in the Prologue, and Cosette & Valjean's full exchange in "In My Life."

Quote:
Any idea who to expect (in any given roles)?

Check out the official site, lesmis.com, for a cast list.

Quote:
What is the ettiquette for clapping/cheering at solo's? (I don't want to be the one 'weirdo' giving a standing 'O' after Javert's suicide.)

Clapping after all the big solos is the general rule, but whether or not there's applause after Javert's suicide has varied from performance to performance that I've seen. Just wait until the rest of the audience starts clapping: if they do, join in, and if they don't, don't.

Quote:
Is there an intermission? Should I buy souveniers? To have signed (if anyone in the cast is 'big name' enough)?

Yes, there is an intermission, and yes, you can buy souvenirs if you like. If you go to the stage door, though, you should probably have the cast sign your playbill rather than the souvenir program, just because it's easier to write on.

Quote:
Is there a Stage Door (or place to get autographs/pictures)? Is anyone in the cast 'big name' enough to warrant waiting for autographs/pictures?

I don't know, but I'm sure you can find out if you ask at the theatre. There aren't any particularly big names in the cast, but still, there's no shame in asking for autographs and/or pictures if you really enjoy their performances.

Quote:
Should I feel as lame as I do for wondering these things?

Not at all. :D

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Current Obsession: MUSIC in MUSICals
Main Role: Fan
Shame on you for feeling lame! LOL. :mrgreen:

Here's a warning: reading this forum, you will notice a lil' member named "Quique" who hates, hates, HATES, HATES, HATES the current 25th ann. tour, but he does so for very personal reasons. Meaning, you shouldn't let his reasons degrade your expectations. He acknowledges the cast was great, a bit misguided in parts, but overall great. But even he'd recommend you go, GO, GO spend your money on a ticket and see it.

Doesn't mean everything he has to say about it is meaningless. Oh, it means the world to him, trust me. But it probably won't register with the average theatregoer, so go, and enjoy that happymisery. 8-)

Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:35 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Could Marius and Enjolras be played by baritones and not tenors?

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next