The Resource For Musicals

Les Miserables Forum

Reply to topic  [ 822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 69  Next
The silliest things you've heard people say/ask about LM 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: The silliest things you've heard people say/ask about LM
xXMoonOwlXx wrote:
she still thought that Eponine was the one who sings Bring Him Home

:shock: :lol: Explain this one. Her other mistakes are silly yet understandable, but this?? Admittedly, the song is high, but could she really not tell Colm's voice apart from Frances's?

Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:14 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I was in a music history lecture, and the lecturer was talking about all the European revolutions throughout 1848. He then brought up a slide of Delacroix's "Liberty Leading the People" and started talking about the June Days Uprising. I was a bit "huh?" but hey, it was an early morning class and it's not as if we were actually French history students, so I decided to drink my coffee and not mention it.

LECTURER: Fun fact: a common misconception is that Les Misérables is about the French Revolution in 1789. It isn't. It's about this revolution in 1848.

Dammit. Nice try.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:24 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Parade
Main Role: Performer
^ nice. :D

I just had a nice talk with a wonderful lady who professed that she didn't like the morals that Les Mis teaches. I asked her what morals these were, and she said she was particularly disgusted with the song about abortion.

:?

After a little more conversation, I realized that she'd heard 'A Little Fall Of Rain', the OLC recording. Apparently when Michael Ball sings 'If I could close your wounds with words of love', she heard 'If I could close your womb with words of love'.

](*,)

Now that that misunderstanding's been cleared up, she's going to be giving the show another shot.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

Current Obsession: Egypt, Iran, Learning Farsi, Twins, Les Mis
Main Role: Stage Manager
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wonder what she was thinking about when hearing the song. It's a pretty far fetched association, isn't it? I mean, there wasn't anyone in the PLAY bringing up pregnancy as a topic.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:44 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Current Obsession: Les Miserables
Main Role: Fan
Quote:
Explain this one. Her other mistakes are silly yet understandable, but this?? Admittedly, the song is high, but could she really not tell Colm's voice apart from Frances's?

I'm still trying to figure out how she mistook it myself :?: Maybe she confused it with "On My Own" I don't know, maybe she easily mixes up three monosyllabic word song titles? :lol:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:08 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Chess
A couple of weeks ago, I went to see Chess with my family. Afterwards, my mother asked if 'I Know Him So Well' was from Les Mis... >.<

Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:07 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Current Obsession: Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera
When I directed Les Mis, students called the characters:

Fahn-ti-nay (Fantine)
shavrt (Javert)
and
Jeen val jeen

And the other day a friend of mine called the show "Les Mushroobles"

But maybe everyone's heard those before. Someone asked if Eponine was literally Gavroche's Aunt. I tried to work it all out in my head and felt quite nauseated thereafter. XD

Oh, and this four year old kid who played one of Gavroche's "babies" in our show asked me randomly one day after class. "I KNOW what Fantine does for a living." I was shocked and suddenly embarrassed that I wasn't discreet enough in front of the poor lad, so I asked him what he knew. He replied "she works at starbucks!" (yeah, he was apparently referring to the actress, not the character Fantine...) COUGH, phew......

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Hello thread that has been dead for 2 months and counting.
So I was just scrolling through Tumblr, and in between On My Own quotes with pictures of Eponinecxz and gushings of how incredibly hawt Nick Jonas is as Marius, I found this absolutely hilarious post:

Eponine's death summarized:
Marius: Omg Eponine you’re totally going to kill yourself if you come here it isn’t safe oh btw have you seen Cosette—the love of my life that I have known for approximately a handful of hours?
Eponine: Yeah I gave the letter to her jaded father and he was like, “LOL I’LL GIVE IT TO HER FOR YOU!” And I was like “KK” and now I’m pretty sure I’m ‘bout to die.
Marius: I AM SO OBLIVIOUS—WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? I DON’T KNOW ‘CAUSE I’M OBLIVIOUS AND SUCH.
Eponine: It’s aight broh, I won’t feel any pain if you just hold me.
Marius: I’m going to heal you with my WORDS OF LOVE—but only friendly love, because you’re like a tomboy girl and I don’t like tomboy girls—that’s why I love Cosette, because she wears perdy dresses and such.
Eponine: Shut up and hold me, you oaf. I’m in love with you.
Marius: I’ll be here as your friend but uhh that’s all and I’m really oblivious so I’m gonna pretend you didn’t just say you loved me and all that. Now I’mma hold you until you die.
Marius and Eponine: RAIN METAPHORS. RAIN METAPHORS. RAIN METAPHORS.
Marius: Oh, you’re dead now. Bye friend. This sucks. HEY GUYZ, MY FRIEND DIED. LET’S FIGHT IN HER NAME. KIND OF.

Stuck between shooting her in the head or giving her the eternal comedy award, but ZOMG. RAIN METAPHORS. RAIN METAPHORS.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:31 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

About a year ago someone on Youtube sent me a pm asking me if I have any videos of Susan Boyle in LesMis and if I do, could I please, please, PUH-LEEEEASE post them?! WTF...... :?

Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:56 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Current Obsession: Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera
hahaha these are SO hilarious! I love them.

RAIN METAPHORS. RAIN METAPHORS. RAIN METAPHORS.

Just the other day I met this girl (let's call her shelly) who thought she knew everything about Les Mis because she was Eponine in a les production etc., as was I, but instead of sharing the experience with me she was very possessive about the whole thing... anyway I'm telling another girl who's never seen/heard Les Mis that she should listen to it or watch the concert! I started telling her that she could also wait a couple of years for the movie to come out. Shelly spouts "THERE'S ALREADY A LES MIS MOVIE." *stare*

Yeah, the one with Liam Neeson and Geoffery Rush?! LOL!!

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:04 pm
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

O.K. So My highschool put on a production of Les Mis and some friends and I went to see it. I was the only person there who knew anything about Les Mis so I answered all the questions. Most of them consisted of "Who is that again?" Afterwards I quizzed them for fun. One of my friends said "I love how that revolutionary leader guy is the only one to survive only to die at the very end." I told her she failed the Les Mis quiz. I was explaineding Les Mis to another friend and she couldn't remember any of the people's names. She is constantly confusing Valjean and Javert and has reverted to calling Valjean "JJ" even when I explained that initials are JV and calling Javert "the policeman dude." I was explained Les Mis to another friend and he kept thinking that Valjean was a slve, not a prisoner, and as I was explaining the story, I would say something like "So then Valjean does blank." and she'd say "That's the slave right?" I have since ceased to attempt disscusion of Les Mis with my friends. :( lol.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:39 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Ok, this is kind of unrelated, but I have to share it. O.K. so I was watching T.V. with my sister, and there's this show on Disney Channel called Ant Farm, and in it the people are trying to find this person and they're talking and it goes something like this: "OMG! You found her!" "Ya I just searched on Google." "What's her number?" "24601." "But that's not long enough for a phone number." "Nope. But it's the right length for a prison number." It was so out of context it took me a minute to realize the Les Mis reference. I feel so guilty about not recognizing 24601 upon hearing it. I have gained much respect for Disney because of this. :mrgreen:

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 822 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 69  Next