The Resource For Musicals

Godspell Forum

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Being in the ensemble 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Musician
Post Being in the ensemble
It was just announced that Godspell is going to be the spring show for me, and I'll probably be in the ensemble, so I was just wondering how this works. I saw Godspell on broadway in 2012, so I don't really understand how the ensemble would work. Thanks!

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:07 pm
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Current Obsession: Shaw
Main Role: Performer
Post Re: Being in the ensemble
The ensemble is onstage from the time John calls them during the opening to the end of the show (not counting intermission, of course). The amount of material for each performer varies depending on number of ensemble members and style of director. It is likely you will have some dialogue within Jesus' parables and the disciples' interaction with him, with the possibility of a vocal solo, as well. I was in the ensemble of Godspell once and had an absolute blast. I'd say you have a very good experience to look forward to. Break a leg at your audition!

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Main Role: Musician
Post Re: Being in the ensemble
Thank you! I'm really excited because Godspell is one of my favorite shows! And I'm interested in seeing how the director will do it because he really enjoys making shows his way (sometimes to the point that the show might fall apart lol).

Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]