The Resource For Musicals

Evita Forum

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
How was this show successful with audiences? 
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Current Obsession: Elisabeth, Cats, Follies, Scarlet Pimpernel
Post How was this show successful with audiences?
I've been listening to the OBC of Evita for the past few days. I saw the national tour a couple years back, and while I liked certain elements of the show, I found it a little difficult to follow. I'm encountering the same problem while listening to my cd. So I decided to browse this sub forum to learn more about the show. While reading the topic "what do you think of Eva?" I think I've realized what the problem is. It seems to me that the people who really like this show know a decent amount about the history of Eva and Peronism.

So it got me wondering, do general audiences know anything about Peronism? Or is a talented lead and a few good songs satisfying enough for them? Because, it seems to me at least, that this show requires some prior knowledge about the history to appreciate. Now of course the show has some great songs, but I find it difficult to sit through some of the in-between numbers because it's a bunch of political talk.

It probably doesn't help that I have ADHD and tend to miss lyrics lol That's probably a large part of it.

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:47 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Post Re: How was this show successful with audiences?
I obviously can't speak on behalf of every fan of the show, but I can tell you that I like the show because I like the music. And sometimes that's the only reason you need. I knew nothing of Peronism before I became familiar with this show but I found that I didn't need to be.

"...Apples is probably the one who's posted the most relevant musical stuff long term in the past few months."- UniquePerspective

Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]