The Resource For Musicals

Cabaret Forum

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Cabaret.. At a Highschool? 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

I done Cabaret in Secondary School, when I was in my last year (upper 6th)

I played sax.

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:39 am
Profile WWW
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Well, my high school picked that for next year. Can't find out from the actor's perspective since I'm off to college in August, but, will defintely be watching to find out from the audience perspective.

Image The RIGHT banner made my the great Lexi.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:14 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

My High School is crazy...they did Hair the year before I got there, Caberet my freshman year, then HMS Pinafore, 42nd Street, Annie, Get your Gun, last year they did Beauty and the Beast, and the rumour is they are doing Chicago next year...

Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:14 pm
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

My High School is crazy...they did Hair the year before I got there, Caberet my freshman year, then HMS Pinafore, 42nd Street, Annie, Get your Gun, last year they did Beauty and the Beast, and the rumour is they are doing Chicago next year...

I wish my high school would do good shows like that; But we get stuck with things like The Wizard of Oz and Oklahoma. Who knows maybe they will do something like Cabaret next year.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:34 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

You all are lucky that your highschools do full shows. In TX theres a state wide one-act competition so the highschools in my town pretty much just work on that the whole year.

Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Our school's doing Cabaret this fall. We usually do musicals in the spring, but our drama teacher moved it to fall so our dance team could audition and she couldn't get the auditorium long enough, but we think it's because her daughter's getting married.

Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:03 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Reply
If you can, I say got for it! I wish I could do a show like Cabaret at my high school, but if we get in trouble for having rap songs in dance concert, can you imagine what would happen if we did Cabaret? :? Dumb, I know. But, I say go for it. If your administraitor and principle don't have a problem with it, that is. Otherwise, your director could get into REEEEAAALY big trouble.

Michelle

Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Re: Cabaret.. At a Highschool?
Quite honestly I do not believe that a highschool can put on such a musical. You may hate me for saying this, but I don't care... it may be the content of the play. It's depth and perception is something that a highschool actor cannot quite grasp. As much as I would love to do this musical now as a highschool student, I know that it can't be pulled off because of the level of acting highschool students are at. There are just some shows that Highschools can't do. For instance:

Phantom of the Opera
Avenue Q
Les Miserables (Not Highschool Edition).
Rent
The Lion King

Those are just a few, but I don't know if you quite grasp my point or not. It's hard for me to express it in writing. But I tried.

:)

Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:35 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Post Re: Cabaret.. At a Highschool?
dramadeyswine wrote:
Quite honestly I do not believe that a highschool can put on such a musical. You may hate me for saying this, but I don't care... it may be the content of the play. It's depth and perception is something that a highschool actor cannot quite grasp. As much as I would love to do this musical now as a highschool student, I know that it can't be pulled off because of the level of acting highschool students are at. There are just some shows that Highschools can't do. For instance:

Phantom of the Opera
Avenue Q
Les Miserables (Not Highschool Edition).
Rent
The Lion King

Those are just a few, but I don't know if you quite grasp my point or not. It's hard for me to express it in writing. But I tried.

:)

Les Miserables High School Edition is almost exactly the same as the original show.

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:43 pm
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Cabaret auditions started today at my school. Today is dance.

Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:29 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Well there is hope for highschools. Our Highschool did it last year and I thought becuase of all the complaining parents it would turn out horribly compared the risque version on chicago i had done the summer before with a privite group in the town. Overall it was a "highschool production" but it turned out really well! If you have any questions on how we did things just ask.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:45 am
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Last year, the neighboring flaming conservative town did Cabaret, and it was pretty well accepted, they didn't change anything. Their previous musicals were Brigadoon, Cinderella and Grease.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next