The Resource For Musicals

Cabaret Forum

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Hello from Mexico! 
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Post Hello from Mexico!
Before anything, id like to introduce myself. Im Pablo a 25 yo mexican Flight Attendant. I love musicals, and of course Cabaret. Here in Mexico, we have this production which is very different from the NY production. Our Sally (Itatí Cantoral) , is a very famous tv actress, but for God sake , who told her she sings?! Not even in the CD sounds good!! I mean is a live recording, but maybe she could have had some help. And the Emcee is not that bad. But had the chance to see the show in Madrid, Spain and is GREAT! I saw Armando Pita as Emcee and is amazing. The CD also is a very good one.
Greetings from Mexico to all of you guys!

Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Well, actually isn't supposed to be a great singer. Part of her character (usually).

Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Well, I dont agree that usually the part has to be taken by someone who doesnt sing well, not even the part is for someone who doesnt sing. But in this case, our Sally doesnt sing at all, u should listen to her singing CABARET.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:32 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post You bet
salpmx wrote:
But in this case, our Sally doesnt sing at all, u should listen to her singing CABARET.

:lol::lol: you bet! good job anyway..

Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post i like itati
(Fisrt of all, sorry my bad english)

I actually went two times to see the mexican prodution and i really like the performance of Itati Cantoral, i know many people do not like her and i respect their point of view, they wish to the roll has given to some one who sings like "cristine" in Pantom of the Opera, but the caracter it is supose to be a voudevil singer in a underground club.

And the voice of Itatí really remain me the voice of the original Sally Bowles: Joely Fisher.

But the problem with this play is that for many people the model is Lisa's voice.

I personally like more the style of Joely Fisher because I personally believe that she was thinking in do something near of the caracter of Lola in the Blue Angel.

You can see Itati in this web:

http://www.cabaretmexico.com/

Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]