CATS Film directed by Tom Hooper 
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Current Obsession: CATS the Musical!
Main Role: Costume Designer
Post CATS Film directed by Tom Hooper
We all knew this was coming. UGH!

Quote:
Lloyd Webber ( Phantom of the Opera, School of Rock), has been talking up a Cats film for several years, and, as reported by Playbill.com in 2014, said he was in serious negotiations for the project at Universal.

EW reported that “The project is still in the early stages, and there is no word yet on a screenwriter, casting, or how the filmmakers will tackle the project in terms of live-action, CGI, or a hybrid approach.”

A CGI version, I mean, a CARTOON? An animated CATS has been bumming around for AGES!

Purrs,
VTWC

Mon May 09, 2016 11:42 am
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Current Obsession: Classic ('80s) Nickelodeon
Main Role: Other...
Post Re: CATS Film directed by Tom Hooper
I didn't know how to delete my other post so I will response here.

(From the other post.) Yes you're exactly right, this show was meant to be seen as a stage production which is why the first video worked so well.

As for a big time move, I don't exactly have a problem with that, what I have a problem with is all the new changes, (street walker Griz, crack dealer Tugger & chimney sweep pirates) and the fact that this guy will probably pic a terrible cast.

The Les Mis cast wasn't okay but the guy he choose for the innkeeper was an idiot! Couldn't sing, couldn't act - the guy just ruined it for me. I just don't want to see all those horrible costume changes and a bad cast in a film version. As it is we are already being forced to accept this awful changes on the stage version but then to put them on a huge movie screen? Oh no!

Mon May 09, 2016 6:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]