The Resource For Musicals

Bye Bye Birdie Forum

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Birdie Bloopers 
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

in a recent production of birdie, hugo never came on to punch conrad after one last kiss. After about 2 minutes, some random chorus kid had to run on and be like someone told me to punch conrad, and then punched him

Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:00 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Our show closed on Saturday, and during the final performance, Conrad completely butchered the first two verses of Lot of Livin to Do. He made up lyrics which made no sense whatsoever. It was actually pretty funny...

Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:56 pm
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Well, on our first nigth of the show, for alot of livin, the main curtain was closed for "A Lot of Livin" and when we went to open it up for the full chorus to come out, it fell apart (our curtain system is very old) and it was only open half way. Everyone back stage was flipping out.

Another one was on the second night, whenever the phone is supposed to ring, Albert picked up the phone and it kept on ringing. He just looked out into the audience and was like "Wow, I guess the phone company is out of order..." it was the first thing that came to his mind but it was funny.

On our last performance, I was in my Margie gear as I call it, and it was when the teen girls were supposed to run across stage saying "Oh my gosh it's Conrad Birdie!" well only myself and this girl named Melissa was on stage and it was our cue to go on so Melissa and I ran on like "OH MY GOSH!" just jumping up and down between ourselves, trying to cover it up and all of a sudden, a rush of teen girls ran on, completely removing the back curtain and ripping it...it was bad.

Most Recent Shows::
Sausage Curl Girl/Plate - Beauty and the Beast
Lucy - Snoopy!!!
Ouiser Boudreaux - Steel Magnolias
Pauline - West Side Story

Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:58 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

When my school put on BBB we were short on male cast memebers so a lot doubled up on roles. We were watching the scene at Maude's (which was changed to sweetapple soda shop, were a middle school y'know) and the boy who played the mayor was also in the soda shop. My friend went up to the director and asked "why is the mayor with the teenagers in the soda shop." The director explained he was a teenage boy in this scene because so few guys tried out.

Mon May 09, 2005 11:38 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

That is too funny! Our Mr. MacAfee had to be in the bar scene AND in the shriner's ballet. People were slightly confused.

Mon May 09, 2005 5:42 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I was playing Mr. MacAfee and I had the biggest problem with Act 1 Scene 7 where the family is arguing at breakfast.

The line that hung me up the most was: "Doris, after all Kim is only fifteen and I don't want her to ..."

I can't tell you how many times Kim aged three years. "Doris, after all, Kim is only EIGHTEEN and ..." Always a character breaking error.

Past Shows: The Pajama Game, Bye Bye Birdie, Grease, 110 In The Shade, Barnum, Cabaret, Me and My Girl, Mame, Fiddler on the Roof.

Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Our Mrs. Peterson didn't come out on stage during rehearsals..so Albert was talking to me and then he was just like
"Conrad...go to bed..." to get him offstage and move on to the next scene

Rosie-Bye Bye Birdie
Sally-You're A Good Man Charlie Brown
Nellie-South Pacific
Mishkin-Fools

Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Supporting Player
Supporting Player

One of our main bloopers was that Conrad got punched for real one night. He apparently didn't turn his head in time, and he got nailed. He came off stage with a HUGE bump on his head. He had a bruise there for at least a week.

Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:32 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:44 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Biggest blooper by far, on our third show we were doing the orgy scene, and myself, the girl who plays Ursula, and the girl who played Helen were all supposed to shove Conrad down and start stripping him, and he was supposed to just put his hands behind his head and laugh like he was enjoying it... well, Usula started to straddle him and leaned over him right when he moved his arm, and he elbowed her and broke her nose!!! It was bad...

Favorite Past Roles:
Ida ~ HONK!
Cobweb ~ A Midsummer Night's Dream
Sue Snell/ Assistant Director ~ Carrie White (world premiere)
Evelyn Nesbit ~ Ragtime

Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

Hrm. The only one I can remember (right now, at least) was...bad. Not funny. Bad.

For our first performance, our Rosie couldn't remember the words to Spanish Rose. Could. Not. Do it. So she danced. She didn't sing. She just did some random, flamenco-esque steps with a pair of castanets.

She was kicked out and replaced with her understudy immediately after the show.

EDIT: I feel I should clarify something. She could not remember her lines because she spent every rehearsal telling people they were doing things wrong. It would come time for her to rehearse her parts, and she would be found several rooms away, screaming at the set designers "THAT IS NOT HOW SWEET APPLE OHIO IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK!" or at the poor kid playing Harvey Johnson "NO! THAT IS NOT THE PROPER INFLECTION! WHAT ARE YOU, STUPID?!"
So yeah. It was more the reason she forgot her lines than the actual forgetting.

Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:14 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

um not really a blopper but i forgot to come on for a scene and I was Mrs. Merkle and the guy playing the father had to come up with like a 2min speech telling everyone to get out of his house. I laughed later about it but i sat in the wings crying cause i missed "my big scene" haha

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next