The Resource For Musicals

Bye Bye Birdie Forum

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Birdie Bloopers 
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Post Birdie Bloopers
Anyone have any bye bye birdie bloopers they'd care to share?

Here is a couple of goofs from our show...

In the scene with Gloria, our Mrs. Peterson came on stage like 2 minutes late, so Gloria, Albert, and Rosie were just on stage like...
A-"so you're the new secretary"
G-"yeah"
A-"thats nice"
G-"um, i dance too"
A-"wow"
***long silence***
A-"so rosie, hows your day"
R-"fine..."
***yet another long awkward silence***
and then mrs.peterson came on finally

Some other goofs were during a black out a set piece from out previous show which was stacked backstage fell over and made a loud boom and everyone in the audience jumped......stage crew was moving a set piece and it got stuck on the curtain and ripped a huge hole in it....someone slipped on the milk hugo spilled....and those are all i can remember for now, but today is my last show and perhaps there will be more.

Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:52 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Our Hogo missed his entrance at the Icehouse. We all tried to cover but it was a little difficult. Our Harry exited through the door and said "Oh, here comes Hugo!" He grabbed him and dragged him onstage. Not too horrible but funny in retrospect. :lol:

Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:56 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Our mama had a purse that had a large pink yarn ball in it. When she sat down for the scene in which albert tells her he's leaving to go to sweetapple ohio, she sat down kinda hard and the yarn rolled put of the purse! They covered it really well until it got stuck on the edge of a suitcase. When she walked off stage, our albert grabbed it and yelled: "don't forget your yarnball, mama!"

Production status:

Carnival-ensemble
wicked-Glinda
A funny thing happened-maid/ensemble
music man-ensemble

Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

During our dress rehearsal our Kim was late for her Lot of Livin' entrance, so our Deborah Sue was just standing there going, "You know, there isn't actually ice in the Ice House. There used to be, but then they took it out... because it was cold..."

And our Conrad missed an entrance once, when he comes down for breakfast and all the girls watch him eat. Mrs. MacAfee just kept looking up the stairs, being all, "Where's Conrad? Where's Conrad?" Then the girls all started crying and singing the We Love You Conrad song. I believe Ursula even screamed, "My life is ruined!" Thankfully that was during a rehearsal too.

Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:37 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Hahahha. We had another oopsie at our sunday matinee. In one scene the phone is supposed to ring and Albert is supposed to pick it up. Well, the phone rang...but it wasn't in the cradle. Our Albert looked out into the audience and said "this is awkward". It was the most laughs we got at any of our shows!!

Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:02 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Albert: (forgetting his line) "Uh, I don't know, pumpkins?!"

Thankfully, that was a rehearsal too because Rosie couldn't stop laughing.

Past Shows: The Pajama Game, Bye Bye Birdie, Grease, 110 In The Shade, Barnum, Cabaret, Me and My Girl, Mame, Fiddler on the Roof.

Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

We were in rehearsal, and Mr. MacAfee called me "Tim". I'm Kim. Then, all I could think about was the scene in "Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail" where Tim the enchanter says, "My name is Tim. My friends call me... Tim?" There was much laughter, and someone had to explain to our confused Mr. MacAfee why we were laughing at him.

Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:30 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Our Sunday performance is always full of bloopers and ad-libs. This year when Conrad comes downstairs with the leopard print robe and goes to the refrigerator, he opened it and Harvey was hiding inside. Tons of laughs. Also when Mae askes Conrad if he ever concidered a "more mature woman", Conrad replied, "only after a few drinks". The kids started laughing on stage, but the crowd loved it.

Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:38 am
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

I've got another one. Today (during rehearsal, thank God), Mrs. MacAfee fell down the stairs. She was trying to rush to me and said, "Baby, what isit?" Then her feet flew out from under her and she slid down the stairs on her butt. She almost took out a wall! When she finally bounced to a stop, she said, "What's wrong?" And then she started laughing like crazy. She's okay, and because she is, we can laugh about it.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:47 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

I've got another one. Today (during rehearsal, thank God), Mrs. MacAfee fell down the stairs. She was trying to rush to me and said, "Baby, what isit?" Then her feet flew out from under her and she slid down the stairs on her butt. She almost took out a wall! When she finally bounced to a stop, she said, "What's wrong?" And then she started laughing like crazy. She's okay, and because she is, we can laugh about it.

I WAS JUST GOING TO POST THAT ONE!!!! :lol:

http://www.coreyjosephmach.com

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:12 pm
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

http://www.coreyjosephmach.com

Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:48 pm
Profile WWW