The Resource For Musicals

Brigadoon Forum

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Bloopers! 
Broadway Legend / MdN Veteran

Post Bloopers!

Last edited by Luc on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:00 pm
Tony Winner
Tony Winner

Our run of Brigadoon lasted about 3 weeks, and the entire time I was trying to perfect my Scottish accent. I tried not to use it around the actors, but sometimes I spoke without thinking. Now these people had the best Scottish accents I've ever heard from a bunch of Canadians, so they all teased me for my pathetic attempts (it wasn't fair- they had a dialect coach work with them!).

Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Young Hoofer
Young Hoofer

Well, you know the rule of "If it's not your prop... get your hands the hell off of it?" Well, I have a rocking chair, since I was Meg. It's around ... -03257-238475 years old and two people decide to sit on it. Literally WHILE the scene change music was playing, it cracks. Luckily our Stage Manager is a God and it didn't break while I was on stage.

Another time I kicked my shoe off my foot and toward Jeff for him to catch... but welll...... it was kicked off of my foot and into my house and.. *BOOM* ... yeah...

Last shows:
Godspell, "Day by Day" & "By My Side"
Lisa, Quilters a musical [wonderful show!]

Favorite Role:
Meg Brockie, Brigadoon

Allstar prop:
Meg Brockie's rocking chair, Brigadoon

Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:56 pm
Profile YIM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

This isn't a blooper from in the show but more of something my sister did afterwards. The day after her show she was getting ready to take me to the airport (I flew in to see it b ecause I'm a good sister lol) and she's putting on her makeup. All of a sudden I hear her scream Oh My God! It turns out, she, without thinking, had started doing her make up as stage make up, complete with all the eyeliner and didn't notice till she was halfway through.

Another blooper, kind of from in their show, was that it always sounded to me, like the guy playing Tommy had a bit of an accent himself even though he was supposed to be the American lol

Wed May 10, 2006 11:50 am

When I did it we had a "tour", that is we took the show from our home stage to another theatre for a four performance run before we closed. Anyway, this other theatre is in the round (the audience surrounds the stage 3/4 and the back stage is underneath them). We have a patio off stage right that has a picnic table that we use to socialize, the "greenroom" as it were. We got to the scene just before "Come to Me, Bend to Me" right after "Jeanie's Packin' Up" and the only people on stage are Charlie and Mr. McKlaren. Our Mr. McKlaren and, particularly, our Charlie were pretty big guys. not that they were fat or anything, but Charlie was like 6'8"! Anyway we are in the house and Charlie yells for Jean, who is offstage, supposably "Upstairs". However, there was no reply...He yelled again...still no reply...JEANIE MISSED HER CUE AND WAS OFFSTAGE ON THE PATIO! So we are panicing...we can't find her, were is she, the director's upset...yady yady yada bla bla bla...so Mr. McKlaren starts to improvise, which luckily he is superb at. He starts talking to Charlie about how stubborn women are and such which was perfect because Lerner pooked fun at women in all of his shows! He brought the house down! Charlie, who was scared to death because nothing like this had ever happened to him before, turn white as a ghost and was shaking! In the meantime our Mr. Lundie, who is partically a parson, in fact he almost always plays a priest, preacher, or doctor, finds her on the patio reading TEENPEOPLE and says, "WHAT THE H*** do you think you're doing!" He grabs her, with the asistance of one of the older chorus members and DRAGS HER TO HER MARK! We were scared to death be he NEVER swears and it was like the earth shook under his voice. i was helping run the spotlight in between scenes so i saw nothing of the action that took place offstage...but jean had taken off her dancing shoes for some reason and was wearing flip flops (kind of like John Kerry) so, thankfully the audience was howling from the improve, but i heard underneath the audience, as i was directly above the entrenceway FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP FLOP all the way down the tunnel. It was absolutly great!

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:35 pm

I'm posting this again because I want more people to respond...

Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:05 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

We have had a lot of bloopers, mostly from our Meg in My Mother's Wedding Day... she forgot the words one day and improved beautifully.

Show is on Friday.

Future: Spring Awakening?

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:09 pm
Off-Broadway Lead
Off-Broadway Lead

In rehearsal a few nights ago, we were practicing the wedding and sword dances. Once when we were going through the scene, after the dances, right as Harry was about to say that he's leaving Brigadoon and the miracle will be over, he looked over at this one girl who was laughing hysterically. She pointed upstage and we all look where she was pointed. The two other sword dancers were lying on the floor with the yard sticks (that they had used for swords) stuck under their arms like they were stabbed. So then everyone in the room (except for Harry, who amazingly got through his line with a straight face) was laughing hysterically. Finally the director came over and pulled out their yard sticks and they were miraculously resurrected.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:56 pm
Fresh Face
Fresh Face

Ha, we did Brigadoon my Freshmen year! We had one of those stage guns that make the loud popping sound, but sometimes fail to go off! So during one of our shows, the gun doesn't go off to kill Harry! The characters just kept going, but it was hilarious! As soon as it was over the guy playing Jeff came over and was like, "Well..the gun didn't go off and I looked at the audience like I was mortified!....And I was." xD

Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]