Musicals.Net
http://www.musicals.net/forums/

Why was this Forum added..
http://www.musicals.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=50496
Page 4 of 5

Author:  Sarahx [ Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

I know what it means, :) But thanks anyway. I was asking, why WTF?

Author:  pish123c [ Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Why was this Forum added..

Salome wrote:
..and not one for Ave Q or Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?? the two above mentioned hsaows are surefire hits and artistic successes. yet we have a forum for a slaugterd version of the disney film, plus forums for less than great shows like Wicked.



Just because that is your opinion dosen't mean it's everybody elses.

Author:  wicked_boy [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why was this Forum added..

pish123c wrote:
Salome wrote:
..and not one for Ave Q or Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?? the two above mentioned hsaows are surefire hits and artistic successes. yet we have a forum for a slaugterd version of the disney film, plus forums for less than great shows like Wicked.



Just because that is your opinion dosen't mean it's everybody elses.


I agree.

Salome, you do tend to say things in your opinion that something is bad, and post that sort of post all the time.

Author:  Sweeney Hyde [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why was this Forum added..

wicked_boy wrote:
pish123c wrote:
Salome wrote:
..and not one for Ave Q or Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?? the two above mentioned hsaows are surefire hits and artistic successes. yet we have a forum for a slaugterd version of the disney film, plus forums for less than great shows like Wicked.



Just because that is your opinion dosen't mean it's everybody elses.


I agree.

Salome, you do tend to say things in your opinion that something is bad, and post that sort of post all the time.

How is that different from anyone stating their opinion anywhere. I mean...give me a break. We all know that we aren't going to agree with each other. If we were to say, "in my opinion" before every opinion we had...that phrase would dominate the boards. Use some common sense guys. We all do it...you're pointing at someone...but there are three fingers pointing back at you.

Author:  pish123c [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why was this Forum added..

Sweeney Hyde wrote:
wicked_boy wrote:
pish123c wrote:
Salome wrote:
..and not one for Ave Q or Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?? the two above mentioned hsaows are surefire hits and artistic successes. yet we have a forum for a slaugterd version of the disney film, plus forums for less than great shows like Wicked.



Just because that is your opinion dosen't mean it's everybody elses.


I agree.

Salome, you do tend to say things in your opinion that something is bad, and post that sort of post all the time.

How is that different from anyone stating their opinion anywhere. I mean...give me a break. We all know that we aren't going to agree with each other. If we were to say, "in my opinion" before every opinion we had...that phrase would dominate the boards. Use some common sense guys. We all do it...you're pointing at someone...but there are three fingers pointing back at you.



Yes, but she acts like her opinion is the end all be all in some cases. Then if anyone mildly disagrees she bites their heads off.

Just because I may like a certain show and want it to have its own forum dosen't mean I outright say any other show is crap.

Author:  Salome [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:43 am ]
Post subject: 

The REAL Ciaron wrote:
Sweeney Hyde wrote:
I think Camelot deserves a forum before any more new ones are added, personally...one for Follies, but Camelot first.



Follies first. Camelot is an OK show. Sorry Salome but it's true. Follies is the greatest musical ever written.
yes but Camelot is a masterpiece as well..one of the 5 greatest.

Author:  wicked_boy [ Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Why was this Forum added..

pish123c wrote:

Yes, but she acts like her opinion is the end all be all in some cases. Then if anyone mildly disagrees she bites their heads off.

Just because I may like a certain show and want it to have its own forum dosen't mean I outright say any other show is crap.


That's what I meant. :p

Author:  RainbowJude [ Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:31 am ]
Post subject:  Camelot

The REAL Ciaron wrote:
Camelot is an OK show. Sorry Salome but it's true.

Salome wrote:
Yes but Camelot is a masterpiece as well, one of the 5 greatest.

I really like Camelot, but I struggle to think of it in a definitive version because there are so many versions floating around. I've never been able to reconcile the book of the show with the mostly brilliant score. The script I have has obviously changed since it was published and I don't know how close to the "official version" of the show the 1982 Harris DVD is. Even so, I'd be reluctant to put in on a list of of the 5 greatest musicals even if it has the potential to be extremely moving.

I'm sure there has been a thread about this before - but, Salome, if you feel like writing a bit about what is in and what is out of the "ofifical" version, I know I'd be interested to read it.

Later days
David

Author:  mr.musical9 [ Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Salome wrote:
London_Mungojerrie wrote:
Salome wrote:
No, I'm serious. alot better shows still dont have forums. and the stage version of Mary Poppins cuts the 4 best songs in the film. not to mention added new ones not even written by the Sherman Brothers.


Have you seen Mary Poppins live in London?

What were these 4 "fantastic" songs that arn't in the stage show anyway?

And Stiles and Drew did a better job with the new songs than the Sherman Brothers could have ever done ;)


Life I Lead

Sister Surragate

I Love To Laugh

The Bank Song


stiles and drew cant even lick the Sherman's feet. lol



they suck.
i like george and stiles' song better
if ask me,it's a masterpiece.

Author:  musicalboy22 [ Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:21 am ]
Post subject: 

i agree,
the new songs are amazing
ive seen this show twice and think its the best production ive seen
you need to understand the show before you say bad things about it

Author:  Disney-Bway27 [ Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bumping a very old thread but I had to put in my two cents.
I, personally really enjoy Mary Poppins. I might be a bit biased since it's one of my favorite Disney movie, but I loved the London cast recording. "The Life I Lead" and "Sister Suffragette" are the only cut songs I really miss...though I was a bit sad when I saw that "I Love to Laugh" was taken out. I love "Feed the Birds", however, and I think it's fantastic in the show.
On the topic of what should have a separate forum and what shouldn't...Camelot and Man of La Mancha definitely need one, as does Avenue Q, but Mary Poppins doesn't need to be removed. If anything needs to be removed, I think it's Tarzan, Tommy, and Titanic, just because those see activity maybe once every three months.
Just my two cents.
I'm not really digging the whole Salome slamming, either... :?

Author:  Salome [ Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:22 am ]
Post subject: 

Titanic has consistent activity.

Page 4 of 5 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/